Sunday 15 May 2011

Noble & Webster

So continuing my 'Creative Approaches To Fashion' project, we had to select an artist and key words from a list to use as a starting point for research. I chose Tim Noble & Sue Webster and based my research around their work on 'Polymorphous Perverse'- a terrifyingly freakish display of maimed dolls and phallic objects surrounded by nails, bolts, industrial objects, junk and dirt. This was all based upon Freud's curious theories about children including the Oedipus/Electra complexes.

The words I chose to work with were 'Trap & Overlap' which were incidentally rather well suited to this particular Noble & Webster piece.

I looked at trapping objects and insects and this lead me to focus particularly on cobwebs which I used as inspiration for my final piece (pictured below) that had to be created from no more than 3 old garments.











No comments:

Post a Comment